James “Jim” Gallagher, a litigation attorney with twenty (20) years of experience representing clients in the trial courts of New York, is a graduate of the St. John’s University School of Law and Villanova University. Jim has represented corporations and private individuals in all phases of the litigation process from pre-suit investigation through trial on low and high exposure casualty, subrogation, and contract matters in the areas of products liability, premises liability, motor vehicle accident liability, fire and water damage liability, construction worker accident liability, aviation liability, architect & engineer liability, indemnity and contribution liability, workers’ compensation liability, and commercial disputes (contracted for goods & services). Jim was part of a team that represented airline and airport operator clients in The September 11th Terrorist Attack Litigation.
Throughout his career, Jim has diligently represented his clients and counseled them, respectively, on all matters of conflict resolution, including, alternative dispute resolution through negotiation, arbitration, and mediation. Jim is a graduate of the ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Group Trial Academy and is also admitted to practice law in the State of North Carolina.
Personally, Jim is married with two children, regularly performs as an acoustic musician at local venues, is a member of F3 – – a fitness, fellowship, and faith-based national men’s group, and is an avid Villanova University Men’s Basketball fan.
- St. John’s University School of Law – Juris Doctorate
- Villanova University – B.A., Political Science
- Subrogation & Recovery
- State of New York
- State of North Carolina
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, New York (Southern & Eastern Districts)
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association (North Carolina)
- Defense Research Institute (2002 – 2009; 2021 – 2022): Young Lawyer’s Steering Committee Member 2008-2009; Young Lawyer’s Substantive Liaison Law Committe
- Chair 2007-2008; Construction Law Committee Liaison 2005-2006 ; Aerospace Committee Liaison 2004-2005.
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (2015, 2021)
- Co-authored Products Liability Case Law Update (Defense Research Institute Products Liability Annual Meeting Materials, 2011).
- Co-authored “Current Observations of the Fair Use Doctrine” (Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel Annual Meeting Materials, 2006).
- Co-authored “Grokster v. MGM: Why Is My Teenager Being Sued?” (Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel Annual Meeting Materials, 2005).
- “Hand and Power Tools: Selected Cases” (DRI Products Liability Annual Meeting Materials, 2004).