October 25, 2022
Kristin Bianculli is an accomplished trial attorney who brings significant experience and unwavering dedication to the table. Her passion for justice has motivated her throughout her education and legal experience. Ms. Bianculli concentrates in complex litigation with an emphasis on products liability, catastrophic personal injury, and wrongful death. She has also handled class action cases and litigates in both State and Federal courts.
A native of New Jersey, Kristin attended the Haub School of Business at Saint Joseph’s University in Philadelphia, where she graduated first in her class and Summa Cum Laude in 2004, with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration. She then moved to Fort Lauderdale and attended law school at Nova Southeastern University. While at Nova, Kristin was accepted to the distinguished Moot Court Honor Society, where she competed in national tournaments. She also received a number of book awards and was a dedicated member of Nova Law Review, where she served as Associate Technical Editor and taught the Summer Candidacy Program. She earned her Juris Doctorate degree, Cum Laude, from Nova’s Shephard Broad Law Center in 2008, and was admitted into the Florida Bar that same year. Prior to joining the firm in 2022 as Trial Counsel for plaintiff cases, Kristin was a Partner at one of the country’s top civil trial law firms, where she obtained numerous multimillion dollar settlements and verdicts for her clients.
- Nova Southeastern University – Juris Doctorate, Cum Laude
- Saint Joseph’s University – Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Summa Cum Laude
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Products LiabilityPremises Liability
- Trucking and Aviation
- Medical Malpractice
- Professional Malpractice
- Plaintiff’s Subrogation
- U.S. District Court (S.D. Fla.)
- U.S. District Court (M.D. Fla.)
Awards & Honors
- Recognized in Best Lawyers in America® 2011-2021 for work in Personal Injury Litigation and Product Liability Litigation (Plaintiff’s Categories), with additional Best Lawyers honored awards as published in Yahoo Finance:
- “Lawyer of the Year: Products Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs in Fort Lauderdale,” 2021
- “Best Lawyers: Women in the Law – Top Peer Nominated Lawyers” 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- “Lawyers of the Year in America: Florida” 2017
- Best Lawyers in South Florida as published in The Wall Street Journal 2016-2019, with additional honored awards:
- “Lawyers of the Year in South Florida” 2017
- Lawyers of Distinction “5 Star Award: Civil Litigation,” 2021
- National Trial Lawyers “Top 100 Attorneys in America – Civil Plaintiff,” 2020
- Super Lawyers® “Top Rated Plaintiff Personal Injury Attorney – Florida,” 2019, 2020
- Fort Lauderdale Illustrated “Top Lawyers Award,” 2020
- Lawyer Monthly Magazine’s winner of “Women in the Law Award”, 2019
- Top Verdict™ “Top 20 Truck Accident Jury Verdicts,” 2017 (Federal)
- Florida Justice Association Research and Education Foundation’s “Cy Pres Award,” 2017
- Daily Business Review’s “Professional Excellence Award: Top Attorneys to Watch & Rising Star,” 2016
- Top Attorneys in the Miami Area, as published in The SL, 2015
- Florida Super Lawyers® Rising Star, 2015
- South Florida Business Journal’ “People on the Move” Award, 2014
- Daily Business Review’s award for “Most Effective Lawyers in Personal Injury,” 2013
- Best Lawyers Magazine, “One of the Best Attorneys in Florida – Young Lawyers,” 2012
- AVVO Rating: 10/10 Superb
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Association for Justice
- Florida Justice Association
- Broward County Bar Association
- Membership Committee Chair 2019
- Broward County Trial Lawyers Association
- Executive Board: Secretary 2021-22, Treasurer 2020-21, Newsletter Editor 2019-20, Case Evaluator 2018
- Co-Chair of Women’s Caucus
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- Broward County Women Lawyers’ Association
- American Inns of Court, Stephen R. Booher Chapter
- Florida Bar Association; Trial Lawyers Section
- Dive Bar – The Underwater Bar Association
- Friends of Jack & Jill: Board Member, By-laws Committee Chair, Teacher and Administrative Appreciation Outreach Committee
- Legal Aid Service of Broward County
- Florida Justice Association Research and Education Foundation
- Cypress Run Education Center as part of KAPOW/Learning for Success (Kids and the Power of Work) MFIN (My Future is Now) Program
- POSSE Foundation, volunteer student counselor, writing coach and mentor
August 18, 2022
James “Jim” Gallagher, a litigation attorney with twenty (20) years of experience representing clients in the trial courts of New York, is a graduate of the St. John’s University School of Law and Villanova University. Jim has represented corporations and private individuals in all phases of the litigation process from pre-suit investigation through trial on low and high exposure casualty, subrogation, and contract matters in the areas of products liability, premises liability, motor vehicle accident liability, fire and water damage liability, construction worker accident liability, aviation liability, architect & engineer liability, indemnity and contribution liability, workers’ compensation liability, and commercial disputes (contracted for goods & services). Jim was part of a team that represented airline and airport operator clients in The September 11th Terrorist Attack Litigation.
Throughout his career, Jim has diligently represented his clients and counseled them, respectively, on all matters of conflict resolution, including, alternative dispute resolution through negotiation, arbitration, and mediation. Jim is a graduate of the ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Group Trial Academy and is also admitted to practice law in the State of North Carolina.
Personally, Jim is married with two children, regularly performs as an acoustic musician at local venues, is a member of F3 – – a fitness, fellowship, and faith-based national men’s group, and is an avid Villanova University Men’s Basketball fan.
- St. John’s University School of Law – Juris Doctorate
- Villanova University – B.A., Political Science
- Subrogation & Recovery
- State of New York
- State of North Carolina
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, New York (Southern & Eastern Districts)
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association (North Carolina)
- Defense Research Institute (2002 – 2009; 2021 – 2022): Young Lawyer’s Steering Committee Member 2008-2009; Young Lawyer’s Substantive Liaison Law Committe
- Chair 2007-2008; Construction Law Committee Liaison 2005-2006 ; Aerospace Committee Liaison 2004-2005.
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (2015, 2021)
- Co-authored Products Liability Case Law Update (Defense Research Institute Products Liability Annual Meeting Materials, 2011).
- Co-authored “Current Observations of the Fair Use Doctrine” (Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel Annual Meeting Materials, 2006).
- Co-authored “Grokster v. MGM: Why Is My Teenager Being Sued?” (Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel Annual Meeting Materials, 2005).
- “Hand and Power Tools: Selected Cases” (DRI Products Liability Annual Meeting Materials, 2004).
June 14, 2022
Michelle Smith Lambert is a graduate of Florida State University, where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in English in 2008. Michelle obtained her Juris Doctorate degree from Nova Southeastern University in 2011. Prior to joining the firm, Michelle was an attorney at a prominent insurance defense firm wherein she specialized in insurance coverage analysis, determination and defense; first and third-party insurance defense, bad faith, and commercial general liability.
Michelle was previously in-house counsel at a large Florida homeowners insurance carrier wherein she handled the litigation of first and third-party insurance claims and bad faith.
Michelle currently concentrates her practice on first and third-party insurance defense.
In her free time, Michelle enjoys traveling with her husband throughout the United States and abroad.
- Nova Southeastern University – Juris Doctorate
- Florida State University – Bachelor of Arts in English
- First-Party Property Defense
- Third-Party Property Defense
- U.S. District Court (S.D. Fla.)
June 6, 2022
Richard T. Freilich received his juris doctorate from New York Law School. He has more than 20 years of experience representing individuals and small businesses in cases ranging from simple small claim matters to complex product liability, construction liability, and insurance disputes.
Richard has extensive experience with personal injury litigation, commercial litigation, commercial transactions, and commercial leasing. Richard has taken cases from initial investigation through discovery, motions, trial, and appeal. Primarily a plaintiff’s attorney for much of his career, Richard is a strong negotiator, always looking for a strategy to bring about a settlement that is advantageous to his client.
- New York Law School – Juris Doctorate
- New York State University, Buffalo – Dual B.A. English and Philosophy
- Product Liability
- Construction Liability
- Personal Injury
- Commercial Litigation
- Commercial Transactions
- Commercial Leasing
- New York State
- United States Southern District of New York
- United States Eastern District of New York
June 6, 2022
Tyler D. Hardy received his juris doctorate from Georgia State University, where he participated in the Refugee/Asylum clinic while also interning for United States Senator Johnny Isakson. Prior to law school, Tyler worked for the Department of Defense in Kaiserslautern, Germany.
Tyler has extensive trial experience and has represented clients through all stages of litigation. He has been successful at trial obtaining judgments in all five New York City counties. Through his work, he has gained the respect and confidence of court officials, judges, and his colleagues.
Tyler is an avid sports fan who enjoys soccer, football, snowboarding, and hiking.
- Georgia State University College of Law – Juris Doctorate
- University of Maryland, Heidelberg Germany – Bachelor of Arts
- Commercial Real Estate
- Residential Real Estate
- New York
- New Jersey
Awards & Honors
While living in Germany, he was a recipient of the Presidential Volunteer Service Award for time spent volunteering with the American Red Cross.
June 6, 2022
Doug received his Juris Doctorate from Seton Hall University School of Law, where he was a member of the Seton Hall Legislative Journal and was named Best Oral Advocate for his section in Appellate Advocacy. Prior to joining DSB&C, Doug worked for the New Hampshire Department of Justice and several law firms. Doug started handling subrogation claims in 2018. After law school, he clerked for the Honorable Patrick DeAlmeida, P.J., in the Tax Court of New Jersey. Prior to law school, Doug had a successful career as a Financial Advisor.
In his spare time Doug is a filmmaker and screenwriter.
- Seton Hall University – Juris Doctorate
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor – Bachelor of Arts
- New York
- New Jersey
- Washington, D.C.
- New Hampshire
May 31, 2022
Ana L. Cuyar is a graduate of the University of Florida, where she received a Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in English. Ana obtained her juris doctorate degree from St Thomas University. Prior to joining the firm, Ana worked as an associate attorney at a prominent insurance defense firm, wherein she specialized in first party insurance coverage analysis, determination, and defense.
Ana has also worked as a Senior Attorney in the healthcare industry, providing revenue cycle management support for healthcare organizations and large hospitals. Ana currently focuses on first and third-party property defense.
Ana loves cooking, traveling, and spending time with her family.
- University of Florida – B.A. Degree with a Major in English
- St Thomas University – Juris Doctorate
- First Party Property Defense
- Third Party Property Defense
May 27, 2022
Robert received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and Economics and completed the degree requirements for a Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Union College. He was awarded a Juris Doctor from Boston University School of Law. Prior to practicing law, Robert was employed with various law enforcement and investigative entities (as a Guard, Patrol Officer, Agent/Special Agent and/or Officer), including the Department of the Treasury, United States Custom Service as an Inspector. Robert was also a licensed N.Y.S. Emergency Medical Technician.
Robert has been investigating and litigating insurance claims for more than 30 years. Robert began his legal career working on many reinsurance matters (including being the only associate handling the Unigard v. North River trial and appeals). As a coverage attorney, many of Robert’s motions to dismiss/summary judgment were granted, and he received several arbitration and trial victories in his clients’ favor. As a defense attorney, Robert successfully acquired many voluntary discontinuances, thus saving his clients litigation fees/expenses, and potential adverse judgments. The vast majority of Robert’s career has focused on subrogation. His first subrogation investigation was the 1993 World Trade Center bombing. As a subrogation attorney, Robert has investigated, mediated, arbitrated and/or tried thousands of claims.
Robert has an AV® rating with Martindale-Hubbell indicating the highest ranking in legal ability and ethical standards as determined by his peers in the legal community. He is a Certified Subrogation Recovery Professional. Robert is a member of NASP’s Board of Directors, its Executive Committee and serves as its Vice President following 4 years as Treasurer. He has been named a New York Super Lawyer every year since 2006. Robert was the 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Chair of the National Property Subrogation Strategies ExecuSummit; Co-Chair of the Property Track for NASP’s 2010 Litigation Skills and Management Conference; Co- Chair for NASP’s 2011 Litigation Skills and Management Conference; and was Co-Chair of the Product Liability Track for NASP’s 2012 and 2013 National Annual Conferences. He is also included on the New Jersey Courts’ Statewide Roster of court-approved mediators as an R. 1:40 qualified mediator. He is a Certified Property Subrogation Arbitrator and was listed as a member in the Global Register’s Who’s Who in Executives and Professionals. Robert has served as an Editor of NASP’s Subrogator, including one term as Editor-in-Chief.
Robert frequently presents seminars and articles of interest to insurers, including courses at various insurance forums, such as NASP (Annual and Spring Conferences) and PLRB/LIRB (Annual and Regionals). He received the New York County Lawyers Association’s Certificate of Appreciation for pro bono work from 1992 through the present; the New York State Bar Association’s Certificate of Appreciation; and was awarded “Partner in Education” by the New York City Public Schools. He was also Co-Editor of the Youth Law Manual distributed in New York Public Schools and a legal research assistant for the treatise “Securitization.”
Robert created an educational video/DVD titled: “Alternative Dispute Resolution Techniques and Preparation.” The 60-minute course addresses strategies and techniques in preparing for arbitration, mediation and negotiation. The course is available at http://www.researchandmarkets.com/. Robert was also a panel speaker for a CLE program: “Skills for Preparation & Effective Representation in Insurance Mediations. This course is available at http://www.lawline.com/.
Robert authored a chapter in the New Appleman on Insurance Law Library Edition, a LexisNexis publication considered to be the most comprehensive source for insurance law. Chapter 161, entitled “Limitations On Bringing Subrogation Claims,” addresses various subjects such as subrogating against an insured, actions impairing subrogation rights, waivers of subrogation, voluntary payment doctrine, estoppel, splitting causes of action, unclean hands, laches and invalidity of a tortfeasor’s insurance policy. The Chapter not only provides an analysis of recent case law, with citations, but also helpful hints from Robert. A copy of New Appleman on Insurance Law Library Edition is available by searching the publication at www.lexisnexis.com/store.
- Boston University, School of Law, 1990 – Juris Doctorate
- Union College, 1987 – B.A. in Political Science & Economics
- Completed requirements for B.S. in Psychology
- Admiralty/Aviation/Maritime Transportation
- Corporate Disability/Health/Life
- First Party Property
- Intellectual Property
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Real Estate
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court (E.D.N.Y.)
- U.S. District Court (S.D.N.Y.)
- U.S. District Court (New Jersey)
- U.S. District Court (Massachusetts)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
Awards & Honors
- New York County Lawyers’ Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals
- Martindale Hubbel AV® rating 2021-2022
- Super Lawyers® 2006-2022
- Spirit of NASP Award from the President of the National Association of Subrogation Professionals 2015 Annual Conference
February 28, 2022
KirSheng “Kirk” Chen is an associate out of the firm’s office in West Palm Beach, Florida. He practices in the areas of Commercial and Civil Litigation, with an emphasis on construction disputes. He has experience representing design professionals, contractors, owners, developers, inspectors, and associated business entities. Mr. Chen also has extensive experience representing large financial institutions, as he did so during the residential foreclosure crisis.
Mr. Chen was also previously an Assistant State Attorney for the 17th Judicial Circuit, where he served as a division lead in the Misdemeanor Trial Unit.
As an actively serving officer in the Florida Army National Guard, Mr. Chen was deployed for domestic disaster relief for Hurricane Michael and Hurricane Irma. He has also served our nation overseas, in support of Counter-Terrorism missions.
- University of Florida – Bachelor of Arts in Criminology and Minor in Business Administration – 2008
- University of Maryland Carey School of Law – 2011
- Construction Defect Litigation
- Construction Law
- Professional Liability
- Premises Liability
- General Liability
- Florida Bar, 2011
- U.S. District Court (S.D. Florida)
- U.S. District Court (M.D. Florida)
October 29, 2021
Lauren was born and raised in Central Florida and received her bachelor’s degree in History from the University of Florida. Though history had always been a passion of hers, law school was always the goal. After completing her undergraduate degree at UF, Lauren continued her education at New England School of Law, where she received her Juris Doctorate.
While in Law School, Lauren interned at the Volunteer Lawyers Project, and was a judicial intern for the Honorable Kelly J. McKibben, a Circuit Judge for the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit in Brevard County, Florida. After law school, Lauren began her career working for a First Party Property Litigation firm, where she managed cases through all stages of litigation. Outside of her career, Lauren enjoys music, traveling, learning about new cultures, reading, playing the piano, and being outdoors.
- University of Florida – Bachelor of Arts in History
- New England School of Law – Juris Doctorate
- Insurance Defense
- Civil Litigation