Jennifer (Jen) Normand graduated from the University of Maine before earning her Juris Doctor from Suffolk University Law School in Boston, Massachusetts in 2004. After originally being barred in Massachusetts, Ms. Normand went on to become barred in several different states and practiced extensively in various state and federal courts in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and New Hampshire, and the United States First Circuit Court of Appeals.
Ms. Normand has litigation experience in a variety of legal areas, including real estate, creditor’s rights, construction, domestic relations and medical malpractice. Ms. Normand has a proven and successful track record in drafting and arguing complex motions, including a high success rate on motions to dismiss and motions for summary judgment in many areas of law. Ms. Normand has successfully defended clients against appeals in Rhode Island, New Hampshire and Massachusetts during her career and has appeared for oral arguments twice in the Rhode Island Supreme Court.
When not working, Ms. Normand spends time with her family and pets and works to help her community as a Town Meeting Member.
- Suffolk University Law School, JD, 2004
- University of Maine, B.A. Political Science
- Creditor’s Rights
- Domestic Relations
- Medical Malpractice
- Real Estate
- Massachusetts (2004)
- New Hampshire (2012)
- Florida (2005)
- Rhode Island (2010) (inactive)
- S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts (2007)
- S. District Court for the District of New Hampshire (2012)
- S. District Court for the District of Rhode Island (2012)
- S. Court of Appeals First Circuit (2008)
Associations & Honors
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- 2022 Top Lawyer, Boston Magazine